Ran around like a mad-man to create chances and opportunities all game
Started arguing with the.opposition fan club of 2 people...
St Ives, the mighty saints, some town near middle-England so I hear. A 'friendly' game started off well as both sides fought for possession in the middle of the pitch with few chances generated. South went ahead first through some slick play down the left wing resulting in a strong pass across goal for Oil to tap in at the back post. The saints got one back just before the break from a decent drag flick on the third time of asking; Mariano showing some skills on the line to deflect the other two previous penalty corners.
After that, I'm not quite sure what happened as I had to head off at the break.
From what I hear:
- Colin isn't as skillful as Mariano in stopping balls on the line...kneeing it off the pitch isn't the normal approach,
- Harry chalk 'ran into' an opposition player (cue their protests) whilst standing still,
- Mike had a storming game and didn't shout at himself once (a well deserved MoM),
- Max's 1st team debut didn't go quite so well having not turned up, [Ed - harsh! Max was bed-ridden with illness...]
- The definition of 'friendly' was broadly re-interpreted by some feisty tackles,
- Bhav is just generally angry (LoM) and
- Match teas were only 3/4 as good as usual.
All in all a good (half) game and the focus now moves to next week's crucial game versus West Herts.